Friday 24 May 2019

W4 T2 weekly reflections, Hanmer Springs

Hanmer Springs School Camp





Kia Ora. On the 20th to 22nd of May our class and the next class (T1) went on a camp to Hanmer Springs. 

Day: 1

My groups first activity was orienteering we walked down the road from out camp, took a left the went into the bush, we then got into groups of 4 to 5, a Adult and a map.
We then walked down a track with marked locations of where flags will be hanging from the branches  of trees, and we would have to use the map with the marked spots of where the flags are to write down the id codes of them, and the goal was to get as much of the flags you could in 3 hours then go back to where we stared and see who won. I think my group came last. After orienteering we got to go to the hot pools for 3 hours. It was so much fun. I really enjoyed the Super Bowl because it was the first time I had been on it and I got to go on it with my friends.

Day: 2

We went to Hanmer Cemetery and we had to study about some of he people such as: "Find the person who died in a helicopter crash." and we just had to find then and answer them. Then we went on a sculpture walk which was cool because the sculptures were so detailed and there were heaps of huts made too.

We then went mountain biking in the same forest, and we had to follow the Instructor through the track. I didn't really enjoy it because I had no brakes and suspension on my bike.

After that we went Tree climbing which was so fun. You had to get in a harness and tighten it if you were climbing or the person that let them come down, then you had two muscle men who just had to pull really hard, and you had the bucket man who just had to put the rope in the basket so people dont trip and the ropes dont break.

Day: 3 
We walked up Conical hill which was very steep and tiring but worth it when you got to the top, we then ate lunch at the top of the hill. After that we walked back down to the hill and walked to to Candy shop and the was a blast, but we were only allowed to spend $5.

I really liked camp because I haven't been to Hanmer in ages and it was a really good experience. 



1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds like you had a good time. Thanks to the teachers and parents for taking you all away!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.