Monday 18 December 2017

DAY ONE:


Activity ONE
What i learnt about Maui?:

Maui was getting bullied by his older brothers,

That he HID IN THE HULL OF THE BOAT,

And That Maui made his fishing line/rope out of flax.


Activity Two



Dear: Bob (my imaginary friend)

the ride is taking so long there is sun shine then its cloudy then rain then thunder and lighting (repeat X1000)


I love New Zealand I think it unique I have not found any snakes. The people here are unique as well they speak a different language im trying to learn when I came they threatened to kill me which was a bit odd. I gave them a map then it was all good but I like them you will like it as well!

P.S its very cold over here and i am actually quite nervous about it.




Bonus activity: 

I would like to be in a Waka Ama race because I would like to try it out and even if I dont like it I can still say that I have done it and because you need team work. I like team sport because I play rugby leauge and i also like the water BUT im not that great at swimming.


3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Reuben,

    Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey for 2017-2018! My name is Emiely (pronounced "Emily") and I will be replying to your blogs. I can see you have been keeping busy by making a fantastic start to the Summer Learning Journey – well done!

    In activity one I like that you have read through the story to find three very different facts. Have you thought about how or why these things happened? For example, why did Maui hide in the hull of the boat? This will help to give your facts a bit more detail. This reminds me of the myth 'Maui and the Sun' - probably my favourite Maori Myth! Here is a YouTube link to 'Maui and the Sun' if you wanted to watch it.

    Maui and the Sun link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovtkeL_nWC0

    Do you know any other films or myths about Maui?

    Noho ora mai,
    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Reuben (for the second time),

    When reading your activity two I laughed when you said the weather kept changing! This reminds me of Auckland weather which is where I live… it’s always raining, then cloudy, then sunny, then thunder (x1000).

    Had you thought about signing off your letter with something like “From your friend, Reuben”? This will help to let Bob know that this is the end of your letter. I’m in the middle of writing some Christmas cards for my friends and family and it uses the same letter structure as your letter to Bob! Are you getting excited for Christmas?

    Noho ora mai,
    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora (again) Reuben (for the third time),

    In the bonus activity it is great to see that you have explained your reasoning as to why you would like to be in a Waka Ama race. Just a little reminder about contractions… when two words are joined together like DO and NOT to make don’t or I and AM to make I’m, there are small things in between the missing letters called apostrophes which show that it is actually a short way of saying those two words to make a new word. I've added a link to an YouTube video that will help explain contractions.

    Video of contractions link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5sG_CkkAs8


    I know what we could do to keep you safe during a Waka Ama race! Maybe you could wear a life jacket to help you swim if you fell out.

    Look forward to reading more of your blog posts.

    Noho ora mai,
    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.