Friday 22 December 2017

ACTIVITY :

1

The Dawn Of A New Era...
  1. Nau mai ki Aotearoa. / Welcome to New Zealand
  2. ____ is my name. / Reuben ko toku ingoa
  3. What is your name? / He aha to ingoa?
  4. He pai taku ki te takaro i te whutupaoro. / i like to play rugby
  5. Where do you come from? / No hea koe?



Activity 2:

The Treaty of Waitangi

There are many fun things to do at Waitangi such as a hangi, a concert and mountain biking.
I would love to give every thing a go but over all I would like to give mountain biking the most.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Reuben,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey!
    Great work with these two activities! You have translated those sentences well. Do you think that all New Zealander's should know some Maori? I think it's important because the Maori language is native only to our country.

    There are heaps of things to do at Waitangi that are fun! I have been a couple of times and there's always something new to see or do. I didn't know that you could go mountain biking though! Perhaps I will have to try that one day. Have you ever had the chance to visit Waitangi?

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.